Dear Faithful Supporters,
Greetings from the hills of West Virginia! We closed out the end of 2022 with the Teen/College & Career Retreat. Unfortunately (at least to the young people) we did NOT have much snow this year but in spite of that we had a great retreat with 44 campers plus staff. Although hindered by a last minute flight cancelation, Evangelist Glenn Stevenson was still able to arrive on time and preached with power. There was a good response to the preaching of the Word of God. Many decisions were made and we believe old and young alike were strengthened through it.
We are really excited about the 2023 camp schedule and hope to see many old and new faces this coming year! Our next event is the Ladies Retreat May 5-6 with Christy Ingram and Jenny Shoultz speaking for a Friday and Saturday event. There will be lodging at the camp available Friday evening on a first come first serve basis, but ladies are also welcome to stay at local hotels in the area if they would like more comfortable arrangements.
April 13-15 we have a men’s three day painting and staining workday planned. There is much exterior painting to take care of and we could use some extra hands. Please let me know in advance you are coming, so I can plan accordingly. Please pray for good weather to allow this to happen!
Evangelist Joe Mueller will be preaching Junior Camp July 10-14 and Pastor Billy Ingram will be preaching Teen Camp July 17-21. We have heard of some new churches planning to attend, so I would suggest you register early on, to make sure we have availability for your young people.
• A Kawasaki Mule side by side was donated to the camp to assist in maintenance activities!
• God blessed the Winter Retreat and provided safety for campers and staff.
• An expanded nurse’s station is under construction! Pastor Cumberland has been faithfully working
away on this and other projects. We could use funds to purchase flooring and cabinets to finish.
• We have a 400AMP service box! Besides the $1,500 cost, these had been almost impossible to find.
God provided the funds and the availability on His timing.
• Approximately 30 acres of adjacent property is available for purchase! The camp has an opportunity to purchase this property from my mother, Janet Marshall on an owner financed basis. Both I, and the board members of Wildwood desire that this property be purchased by Wildwood, to solidify current camp activities and perhaps allow us to expand. We are moving forward with surveying and appraisal to formalize the acreage and purchase price. I would guess this property to appraise around $80,000. We look forward to seeing God provide! Don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like more details.
As I’ve been reading through Genesis the patriarchs took note of some specific geographic places. Jacob said of Bethel “Surely the Lord is in this place.” Moses came to the burning bush at Horeb, and later received the Ten Commandments at “The mount of God.” When these men were alone and in the wilderness, God met with them. These places were unique, because it’s where they met God face to face. With God’s blessing, Wildwood will continue to be a special place in the wilderness where young people meet God face to face. I am thrilled to be involved in the work of God and watch it happen!
Dear Faithful Supporters,